Crews were dispatched to a house fire at 3:35 AM this morning in the rear of the 400 Block of Oakland Ave in the Borough. The fire was contained to the area of origin.
Truck an Rescue Pumper along with units from South Greensburg, Youngwood, Geeensburg, Hempfield Twp and Crabtree operated on scene for just under 2 hours.
This fire was started as a result of an electronic space heater being placed too close to a pile of clothes. Please be safe while using any type of portable heaters. Also, please properly place operating smoke detectors in your residences. The occupants of this house were awoken and able to safely escape due to a functioning smoke alarm.