Southwest Greensburg Fire Department Wants You….
Getting started with the SWGFD is easy ...
• At least 16 years of age
• No training required for new members
• Complete application to include background check
• Completion of basic training after membership approved
• Attendance at monthly meetings, trainings, fund raising, and occasional special events
General Membership Benefits
The SWGFD provides an incredible atmosphere with state-of-the-art apparatus and equipment and these benefits that come with being part of the SWGFD team...
• Free Training: All firefighting, rescue and emergency medical training is provided
• Scholarships: for college students through Westmoreland County Community College
• Tax Break: Pennsylvania state tax break incentive for volunteers
• Team: A great sense of community and serving a good cause
• Leadership: Opportunities for advancement and responsibility on both the operational and administrative side of the SWGFD
• Family: Camaraderie and lifelong friendships
• Fitness: Fitness equipment use
• Internet Access: Work from the firehouse while you volunteer! High speed Internet access network
• And So Much More
Join us in protecting OUR Community